Wednesday 23 December 2020

Joy | Cocoa Vanilla Studio - December Challenge

Hi everyone! I am popping in today to share a bit of festive inspiration, which is my take on this month's challenge for Cocoa Vanilla Studio - the beautiful "Peppermint Place" mood board designed by Raquel Bowman. I decided to go with the Christmas theme of the board and document some photos of my boys laying under our Christmas tree last year.

Here's a look at the board...


And here is my take on it, using the fabulous new 'Merry & Bright' collection...


For my layout, I was initially drawn to the picture of the stacked lines in the top centre of the board, which inspired me to create a strip style layout. I chose 3 patterned papers - Season's Greetings; Jingle all the Way; and Oh Christmas Tree; and cut a variety of different sized pieces. I then distressed all of the edges, before layering them vertically down my page.


 On top of the paper strips I added a white paper doily inspired by the lacy pattern on the lantern in the bottom left corner, then some frayed gauze for texture, and finally, my photos on top.

For my embellishments I then decided to use a cascading design, and follow the flow of my page vertically down the page. I used a mix of Die Cut Ephemera pieces including flowers, tickets, banners, and hearts.


To the right of my photo, I added the Flair Button with the two hearts on it, whilst to the left of my photo I added the die cut Christmas tree from the ephemera pack, which I popped up on a little bit of cardboard to bring it up to the same height as the photos. 


For my page title I added the word JOY which I fussy cut from the Season's Greetings paper. Underneath that I added the large floral piece from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. To finish off, I stamped the date and added a line of handwritten journalling.

I hope you will play along with the challenge this month. There is a $25 store voucher up for grabs for one randomly chosen winner. To be in the running, load your entries via the Cocoa Vanilla Community Group by the 31st December.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: