Tuesday 29 December 2020

Go Girl | Kitaholic Kits December 2020

 

Hi everyone!

I am popping in today with another of my Kitaholic Kits projects using the fabulous December kit. This page was inspired by the Simple Stories cut apart paper, which was filled with beautiful bright colours, so I decided to dust off my Gelatos from my stash to create a colourful abstract background to match. 


The photo I was documenting was of my daughter and one of her best friends that was taken on their last day of primary school. I decided to pair it with the colourful banners from the cut apart that were filled with inspirational sayings. 


I decided to create a diagonal design for my page, working from top left to bottom right. This allows for the viewer's eye to be drawn down through the focal area of the page where the photo was placed.


In addition to the Gelatos I had used for my background, I wanted to add some further detail to help elevate the background and stop it appearing so flat. I used one of the Vicki Boutin "Storyteller" stencils paired with the Ranger Stickles "Asteroid" Glitter Gel - both from the December mixed media add-on kit. To apply, I simply swiped the gel through the stencil using a palette knife in several spots around my page. This added the touch of sparkle and extra detail I was looking for. 


Under my photo I added two layers of patterned paper (both Amy Tan papers); some frayed gauze; and a pink paper doily from my stash. I then began working on my embellishments, which I kept relatively simple due to the busy background.

In addition to the banner pieces that I had fussy cut from the Simple Stories paper, I also used some of the November floral printables. These were provided exclusively for kit subscribers, so if you would like access to extras like this each month, then make sure you visit the website HERE for information on how to become a subscriber.


In the bottom right corner of my photo I added the fussy cut rosette ribbon (also from the Simple Stories paper); a handmade heart from Charms Creations; and then finished off my page with a sprinkling of the gorgeous Pebbles puffy dots and a splattering of ink. 

If you would like to see how I put this one together, you can watch my process video on my YouTube channel here:


That's all from me today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Paula said...

Beautiful as always Sue...I certainly do love your style! Happy new year to you xo