Sunday 15 November 2020

Frank | Kitaholic Kits November 2020


 Hi everyone! I am here today to share the second of my guest designer projects for Kitaholic Kits using the November scrapbook kit and mixed media add-on kit. If you recall my first project, I documented some photos of my son dressed up as a character from a story he wrote, so for this page I decided I had better create a layout of his twin dressed as his story character too.


I used white cardstock for my page base, then layered it with the Crate Paper wood grain paper and the Jen Hadfield (for Pebbles) text print paper, which I punched with a notebook style punch. (I thought this would work well with the "story" theme.)

I also added a row of stencilled lines across the top and bottom of the page using one of the new Vicki Boutin 'Storyteller' stencils from the mixed media add-on kit. 


As with my previous project, the story was an important part of the page, so I used another of the Pinkfresh Studio pockets and a journal tag to be a prominent feature of my design. I also added almost identical journalling, just changing the relevant details to personalise it for him. I also added a QR code to the back of my tag that linked to a video of him reading his "Frank the Zombie" story. 


For the embellishments, I used a mix of the Heidi Swapp cardstock and phrase stickers; a few of the subscriber exclusive printables; and some of the Pinkfresh Studio floral ephemera pieces. I also used the Pinkfresh puffy alphas for my title. 


I have a process video available  if you would like to watch how this layout came together. (If you like what you see, I would love it if you would become a subscriber of my YouTube channel too.) 


That's all from me today. If you would like to check out the Kitaholic Kits shop, or investigate about becoming a kit subscriber so you can receive your own box of happiness each month, visit the Kitaholic Kits website HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: