Friday 13 November 2020

The Good Life | Scrap the Girls November Challenge


Hi everyone! I am popping in today to share my take on this month's challenge for Scrap the Girls. If you haven't seen the November challenge yet, it just happens to be a sketch designed by me, and I am loving seeing what people are creating with it so far!

Here's a look at the sketch which is entitled "Don't Just Look at the Stars"...


You could interpret the title of the sketch as you wish - you could create a layout with a theme about aiming high or setting goals, or you might take the title literally as I did, and turn those stars into a different type of element on your page.

Here is the layout I created, using the 'Daydream' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio...


As you can see, I turned the stars into rainbows and flowers instead to document a fun photo of my daughter and her friend having a "girls night in". I did at least stick pretty well to the sketch by keeping it in a tight, vertical style design (but you could rotate or flip it if you wish). 


I used 'Mustard Seed' Distress Oxide to create the subtle yellow watercolour background on my cardstock first, before going in with a criss cross texture stamp and grey ink to add extra detail over the colour. 

I then added strips of patterned paper to form the vertical base of my design, and kept the photo placed along the same axis just as in the sketch. I then added layers of patterned paper and tissue paper to mat my photo, as well as a paper doily and some frayed gauze to pad the layers out and add further texture to the page.


Then it was simply a matter of adding my embellishments, which were mainly a mix of both fussy cut and die cut rainbows and flowers. I used foam tape to raise some of them up off the background to add extra interest to the page. I also added a few more die cuts, Accessory Stickers and a flair button all from the same collection. 

I finished off with a few stamped phrases using a roller stamp and grey ink, and some tiny splatters of navy mist. Sticking to the sketch (for once) made this a super quick and simple layout to put together, and I love how fun it is.


I would love to see lots of you play along with my sketch this month. You can enter by linking your layout via the blog, or even via Facebook or Instagram! Check the post HERE for all the details and to see what else the design team created.
Cocoa Vanilla Studio are the Aussie sponsor this month, so if you would love the chance to snag a voucher to do some shopping then make sure you get an entry in! 

That's all from me today, until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: