Saturday 7 November 2020

Baking Memories | Kitaholic Kits November 2020


Hi everyone!
Today I am happy to be sharing the first of my guest designer projects for Kitaholic Kits using the November kit and mixed media add on kit. This month's kit is filled with products from Heidi Swapp, Pinkfresh Studio, Crate Paper and Pebbles; and the mixed media kit with products from Vicki Boutin and Ranger. (If you would like to see exactly what is in the kit, I have an unboxing video on my YouTube channel HERE)


For my first project, I found myself drawn to the Jen Hadfield leaf print paper, which I thought would work well with some outdoor photos. I was also drawn to the Pinkfresh Studio journalling bits, so I knew I wanted to create a page that had a good story behind it. I came up with the idea of documenting a series of photos of one of my boys that were taken during our remote learning period. On this day, my boys had both written Dr Suess style stories, and then we did a dress up photo shoot of the main character from each of their stories. This is Hunter dressed as "Fred the Dragon".


I chose to keep the leaf print paper to use as a border for my page (because I thought it gave it that "story book" vibe), and used a sheet of white cardstock with brushed acrylic paint for my background.


Layers of torn and distressed patterned papers mixed with a paper doily, frayed gauze and Heidi Swapp stickers formed the basis of the focal point of my design. 


I used the Pinkfresh 'Days of Splendour' floral ephemera to create clusters for my page, which I brushed with the Ranger Stickles 'Moon Dust' Glitter Gel for a touch of sparkle.


I then added more stickers, a few rhinestones, and a punny title by altering the title printed on the Pinkfresh envelope with puffy alpha stickers. 


To finish off, I printed my journalling and stuck it onto the tag.


Below you can see where I have added a QR code on the back of the journal tag that links to the private video on my YouTube channel of Hunter reading his story. This is a great interactive element to add to layouts and helps share more of the story than you can fit on the page.


So there you have it! If you would like to watch me put this page together, I've got a process video on my YouTube channel: 


Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I have plenty more to come from this kit, so stay tuned!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

tracey said...

Fabulous blog post Sue - extra awesome vid 💋