Friday 18 September 2020

Big Fun

 

Hi everyone! I've got another "just because" layout to share with you today. This mixed media page was created to document another one of my kids awesome dress-up photos using some of my favourite products from my stash.


 I started my page by adding some Distress Oxides to my cardstock (Chipped Sapphire and Mowed Lawn), which I applied by mixing it with water on my messy mat and then laying my cardstock over the top to soak it up. I love the randomness of using this method, as it's always a surprise how the colour will come out and it gives me a jumping off point for the rest of my page.


Next, it was time to start building some layers. First, I used black ink and one of my fave star stamps (Squiggly Star Collage) from Viva Las VegaStamps, which I stamped three times to create a "visual triangle" around where my photo was going to go. I then took some Vicki Boutin Prism glaze, and swiped a little around the page using my palette knife. This broke up the strong navy of the ink, and added texture and shine. 


For my next layer I used a stencil from StencilGirl Products called 'Military Style Stars' along with my TCW 'Light & Fluffy' Modelling Paste. I chose a basic white modelling paste as I wanted something with a matte, white finish to pull back some of the colour. I then used another of my fave VLVS stamps 'Sky of Stars Background' to add yet another layer to my background. 


Next, I added some papery layers using patterned papers from Vicki Boutin (a mix from both the 'Let's Wander' and 'Color Kaleidoscope' collections). I cut and tore the papers into various size pieces, which I stacked with a paper doily and some frayed gauze before topping with my photo. 

For my embellishments I again used Vicki Boutin products - a mix of ephemera, stickers and Thickers. I used these pieces to continue building up the layers on the page. To the right of my photo I added a handmade star embellishment from Charms Creations, which I topped with a flair button (from my sister's stash - thanks Mandy!)


I finished off with some Vicki Boutin puffy word Thickers for my title and then I was done! I had so much fun creating this page and it all came together so easily. (Don't you love it when that happens?)
Thanks so much for stopping by so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

No comments: