Saturday 19 September 2020

Whatever | Scrap the Girls September Challenge


Hi friends!
I am popping in today to share my take on the September challenge for Scrap the Girls. For this one, I decided to document a photo of my daughter and our cat. This was taken one night when she was in bed reading and I had asked her if she knew where the cat was. She replied "no".  I then walked over to her bed and found him IN her bed like this. Just look at the smug look on his face - because he knew he shouldn't be in there!

So this month the challenge is called "Painty Hands" and it looks like this...


Despite the fact that most of the images in the inspiration board featured watercolours, I decided to buck the trend and work with acrylic paints instead. I was guided by the colours in my photo for my colour choice, which was black, pink and teal; and used a combination of my brayer and fingertips to apply the paint to the page.


Next, I added some texture to my page using the 'Starlight' stencil from StencilGirl, and Vicki Boutin gold glaze. This provided some beautiful contrast and gave my page the night-time feeling I was looking for.


Once I had the paint dry, I started adding some paper layers. I used a couple of scraps of my Vicki Boutin papers, along with some gold tissue paper, a paper doily and frayed gauze for texture. I then added some scrap cardboard to the back of my photo before adding it on top.


I finished off my background layers with some torn pieces of washi tape - first a teal spotted one, then a thinner heart print one. I then began adding my embellishments. I started with a cluster to the left of my photo using a Charms Creations handmade heart topped with a flair button. I also added some twisted gold wire to which I attached with a stapler. 


 I continued the gold wire across to the right side of my photo; plus I added a Heidi Swapp printed acetate heart and an American Crafts gold phrase sticker directly onto the top right corner of my photo. 
For my title, I used the word whatever from a pack of foam Thickers, as I thought this perfectly summed up my cat's attitude when I busted him hiding in the bed.



I finished off my layout by scattering some Studio Calico gold glitter stars across the top half of my layout and then adding my journalling in the bottom right corner.

I do hope you will join us for this challenge, you still have until the end of the month to get your entries in. Our Aussie sponsor is Charms Creations, and our international sponsor is Tanya Leigh Designz. For more details, or to see what else the team created for this challenge, pop over to the STG blog HERE.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: