Monday 21 September 2020

Sweet Beautiful You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio - September Monthly Challenge


Hi everyone! I'm popping in today to share one of my recent Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team projects with you. For this project I was tasked with sharing some inspiration for the September monthly challenge. If you haven't already seen the gorgeous "Garden Party" mood board designed by Danni Visser, here it is...


I absolutely love all the pretty pastel tones of this board, which were perfect for me to pair with the brand new 'Daydream' collection. There were several elements in the board I really wanted to represent on my page - the flowers; the outdoors (I chose some photos of my daughter in the garden) and (of course) the colours, including pops of yellow, just like those delicious looking macarons. I also wanted to include the word "sweet" as a nod to the sweet treats in the photos.

Here's what I came up with..


I began my page with a sheet of white cardstock and some inks in shades of pink, blue and yellow. I mixed the ink with a little water and then used some plastic packaging to gently apply the watercolours to the cardstock, drying between each colour. I then added some darker blue splatters over the top.


Then it was time to add some gorgeous papers! I used pieces of the All Aflutter; Sweet Serenity; and Happy Place papers to create a layered mat for my photos. To add a pop of yellow, I also included a small yellow paper doily from my stash; then topped all my layers with some frayed gauze for texture before sticking my photos on top. 


I wanted to continue building on the layers I had created and help frame in around my photos. I used the tag sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet, which I tied with a little twine and tucked it in behind the point where my photos overlapped. I also added the you are my sunshine sticker directly onto the join between my photos. 


Next, I chose some flowers from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and used them as the basis for the second and third embellishment clusters around my photos. In the cluster below my photos I included one of the fabric Puffy Hearts which also added a lovely textural element.

To the right of my photos, I tucked in a partial rainbow that I had fussy cut from the cut apart Happy Place paper and used this as the spot to add my title. I fussy cut the sweet flag piece from the same paper, then combined it with the beautiful you banner sticker to complete my title.


I finished off my page with a gorgeous little indigo butterfly and a little yellow heart - both from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. 

I so love how this page turned out - this collection really is amazing! I hope I have inspired you to play along with this month's challenge. There is a $25 store voucher up for grabs for one randomly drawn winner. You can find all the details and enter via the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Facebook community group HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: