Monday 14 September 2020

Bloom & Grow

 

Hi friends! I'm popping in today with a bit of a bonus share. I have been totally loving all of the rainbows I have been seeing everywhere lately, so I felt inspired to do some stash-busting and create a simple rainbow themed page of my own.


For my layout I decided to use a cut file from Cut to You as the basis of my background. I used the file called Sunshine Rainbows and cut the rainbow portion of the design on some white cardstock. I paired it with the 'Happiness' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, using the gorgeous Good Vibes paper to back the rainbow. I then trimmed down the cardstock to measure 11x11" and mounted it on a sheet of pink cardstock to create a page border.


Once I had my background together, I used a fine tip felt pen to add some faux stitching between the arches of the rainbow. This is a quick and easy technique if you don't have a sewing machine (or if like me, you just can't be bothered pulling it out at the time).

Next, I matted my photo using pieces of the Expressive and Frame of Mind papers, and I also tucked a yellow paper doily into my layers. I then placed my photo on top of my rainbow and set about adding some embellishments to the page.


I created a cluster in the top left corner of my photo using layered pink flowers from the Die Cut Ephemera pack to coordinate with the pink / red arches of the rainbow underneath. I balanced that cluster by embellishing the bottom right corner using more die cuts, only this time in blue tones to coordinate with the blues of the rainbow. 


For my title, I used the bloom & grow stickers from the 'Midnight' Accessory Sticker sheet, and then a label from the 'Happiness' sticker sheet to add my journalling. I finished off my layout with some tiny splatters of navy mist.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to perhaps create your own rainbow themed page. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: