Thursday 1 August 2019

Happy Day | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a mixed media layout I created recently for Cocoa Vanilla Studio to document my daughter's 11th birthday. I used the gorgeous 'Happiness' collection for this one, because when you are 11, birthdays ARE pure happiness - right?!


I started my page with the gorgeous indigo colour on the reverse side of the Botanical Bliss paper as my background. I adore this colour, as well as the random marked pattern of the paper. I wanted to create a contrasting focal area for my page, so used some pale pink acrylic paint that I applied roughly with a silicone spatula.


Once the paint was dry it was time to add some papery layers. I used a variety of pieces - the black and white heart print on the reverse of the So Fresh paper; the gorgeous tiny floral of the Meadow paper; and a little scrap of the Good Vibes paper that I had previously punched some hearts from.


Included in my layers was also a beautiful Cocoa Vanilla floral cut file - this one was from the Colour Me Happy cut file set and was cut from white cardstock. This provided a great contrast against the dark background.

I also added a section of the beautiful wreath design that I had fussy cut from the So Fresh paper, which I tucked under the bottom left corner of my photos over the top of the cut file.


Amongst my layers I tucked in a couple of tickets from the Die Cut Ephemera pack as well as some extra floral pieces; then added a heart, butterfly and some of the small word / phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet.


Finally, I added three extra tiny blooms from the ephemera pack and a title using the words happy and day from the Cardstock Titles pack and I was done!


I am so happy with how this layout came together, and am still crushing on this stunning range!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: