Tuesday 27 August 2019

You Are Lovely | Cocoa Vanilla Studio



Hi everyone!
Time to share another design team project with you. I am sure you have all seen the stunning new 'Unforgettable' collection that is about to start shipping from Cocoa Vanilla Studio? Such a beautiful range, I can't wait to get stuck into it! Until then, I am still busying myself with the 'Happiness' collection, which I used to create this page. 


I began my layout with the gorgeous floral print of the Meadow paper, which I wanted to use as a base. I then cut a piece of white cardstock down to 10x10" and adhered it over the top, which left a 1" border around the sides. 

I then set about creating some layers in the centre of my page where my photos were going to be placed. I started with a piece of wood grain print paper from the 6x8" paper pad; which I layered with a piece cut from the Frame of Mind paper; then topped it off with a yellow painted stripe cut from the Radiant paper from the More Than Words collection.


Once I had worked out exactly where my photos were going to be placed, I also added a scrap of the Expressive paper (that I had previously used to cut some hearts from); and a tag from the Die Cut Ephemera pack tucked in above my photos.

To embellish my page I started with a die cut flower pot and rosette, which I placed on either side of my photos, along with a small tab that I added to my layers above.


For my page title, I used the word lovely (also from the ephemera pack), which I adhered using foam tape to pop it up from the page. I paired this with the you are small phrase sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet. To help ground my title, I also added a floral frame from the ephemera pack, which I tucked in behind.


I couldn't resist adding some butterflies, so I fussy cut a handful of different coloured ones from the Bright & Beautiful paper and placed them in the top left and bottom right corners of my page to give a sense of movement through my design. I then added an extra one alongside my photos to provide the final point for my "butterfly triangle". 


I finished off my page with the stay colourful banner along the bottom edge, a few hearts from the Clear Sticker set and some small splatters of pink and yellow mist.

That's all from me today. I hope I have inspired you to pull out your stash and get creative today too. (Besides, you need to make room for the new 'Unforgettable' collection anyway, right?!)
Until next time, happy scrapping!  X

No comments: