Thursday 25 July 2019

Happiness | Cut to You


Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing a page that I created as a guest designer for Cut to You as part of their 1st birthday celebration month. I was super excited to be asked to join in by my lovely friend Gwen and was only too happy to create something with some of her beautiful cut files.

For this project I chose to document a photo that was taken at the Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Creative Escape" Retreat recently. It features Cut to You DT coordinator Tam, my sister Mandy, Cut to You boss lady Gwen and myself. I so love these gals!



For my layout I started by creating an abstract background using my Micador watercolour paints on white cardstock. I had no real plan, other than the fact I drew inspiration for the colours from the photo; I simply pushed paint around the page until I was happy with it. I also added some gold mist in a few spots, first by dabbing on with a brush, then a few tiny splatters.


With my background sorted it was time to figure out which cut files I was going to use. I wanted to draw on the fact that there was a garden behind us in the photo and use some nature themed files to match. I started with the floral piece from the new release 'Blossom' file, which I cut from white cardstock and then placed over the left side of the paint, allowing the colours underneath to show through. I then added my photo alongside it so it was overlapping the edge.


With my photo in place I then chose the 'Open Leaf Stem' cut file, and cut two different sized branches - one to be placed above the photo, and one to the right.

I gathered some floral and leaf die cuts from my stash and adhered them so that the Leaf Stems I had cut would be positioned over the top. I also tucked some coordinating pieces under the Blossom floral piece, and added some messy white cotton thread to each cluster for texture.


Next, I wanted to add some extra flowers; so I chose some from the Caite Floral Set to place around my page and used a few sequins to create centres for them.


The only thing my layout needed now was some text. I added a couple of coordinating die cuts with words on them; a sticker across the bottom of my photo for the title; and handwritten journalling.

I am so happy with the finished layout - not only does it feature some of my favourite people and colours to work, it also showcases the way I like to use cut files on my pages. (I am not much of a "backer" - I think I lack the patience required! hehe)

If you haven't joined the Cut to You HQ Facebook group, make sure you do so you don't miss out on all of this month's celebrations. (You might even find a discount code there to do some shopping with!) ;)

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: