Tuesday 6 August 2019

"Throwback Thursday" TN pages | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! Popping in today to share some new Traveler's Notebook spreads that I created with the beautiful 'Bohemian Dream' collection for Cocoa Vanilla Studio as part of the "Throwback Thursday" feature.

For these spreads, I documented a variety of family memories, ensuring that the details of the stories were also recorded. I started with a spread for my daughter, choosing photos that I thought would work well with the same colour scheme.


I started with a piece of the Dreamer paper, cutting it into two pieces and placing it either side of the spine. (This is usually my "go to" starting point to create cohesion across the two pages.) On the left page I also added a small scrap of the Abstract paper, and on the right page an extra piece of the Dreamer paper, showing the stripes on the other side.


After deciding where my photos and journalling would go, I used a variety of pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and some Accessory Stickers to decorate the page, finishing off with a few hearts from the Enamel Shapes pack.

For my second spread, which I created for one of my sons, I began with a strip of the gorgeous Gypsy Heart paper on each page to anchor my design. 


I then matted one of the photos with the reverse side of the Gypsy Heart paper before sticking both photos down. Again, I had pre-printed my journalling (so I knew exactly how much space it would require); and then added it to the pages too.


Then it was simply a case of decorating the pages by filling in the gaps. I used stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet, including some of the small word / phrase stickers; and pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. I also added a few enamel hearts. To finish the spread and fill in some of the white space, I added some extra doodled details using felt pen and coloured pencils, as well as stamped the date.

My final page was also for my daughter's book. I had found this photo in my stash that I had printed some time ago but never used; so I looked up the memory on my Facebook page to see what the details were. I was so happy to come across a funny quote she had said, so used it in my journalling.


I again used a piece of the Gypsy Heart paper (as it was already out on my table), then added the photo and journalling. To fill the gaps I added the smile sentiment from the Boho Bits paper; a couple of larger stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet, then the sweet little bird from the same sheet - quick and easy! I finished the page off with some doodled detail.


Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you are love the 'Bohemian Dream' collection as much as I do, you can find it in the Cocoa Vanilla store HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: