Thursday 4 July 2019

Together | Scrap the Girls July Challenge


Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my design team layout for the July challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month we have a pretty colour themed mood board to work with, entitled "Luscious Lady"...


And here is my layout inspired by the board...


I really love the colours of this board, and this layout ended up being one of those pages that just "fell together". I chose to document a photo of my sisters and I, which unfortunately wasn't great quality because it was taken in poor light. (I compensated for this by printing the photo in a smaller size.)


I started my page by using watercolour paints to create an abstract background on some white cardstock. I used my Micador watercolour palette for this one, (which is just a cheap student grade set readily available in Australian department stores such as Spotlight and Big W). I simply chose a few tones that suited the colour palette of the board and moved them randomly around until I was happy.


I chose not to add any patterned paper to the page (as I normally would), because I really wanted the watercolour painting to shine through. Instead, I chose a gorgeous cut file "Floral Frame 1" that I purchased from Cut to You, and cut on white cardstock. Rather than using the frame around the photo, I simply laid the cut file over the paint on my page and then added the photo on top, using a bit of scrap cardboard behind it to pop it up a bit. I also added some messy white cotton thread under the edges of it for subtle texture.


To embellish my layout I used a pack of cheap die cuts that I got from The Reject Shop (a discount variety store here in Australia). The colours were perfect for my project, and they even had gold and rose gold foil details. I added the flowers and feather first, tucking them under the cut file (I had not stuck the edges down so I could bend them up from the page). I also added a small banner and the word together across the bottom of my photo for my title.


To finish off I added a couple of butterflies - one at the top of the page, and one to the left of my photo. To give the butterfly on the left some extra dimension, I used a butterfly that I had cut from white cardstock underneath the printed die cut. (This was from the "Mixed Butterflies" set also from Cut to You.) I then added a few splatters of gold mist near to each of the butterflies and stamped the date.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope you will join in on this month's challenge. We have the fabulous Corbett Creations sponsoring for our Australian entries, and as always, Scrap Accent for our international entries.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: