Thursday 11 July 2019

Happy Snaps | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in to share a recent design team project I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the gorgeous 'Happiness' collection. For this page I was tasked with the theme of "Selfies" on the Cocoa Vanilla blog for National Selfie Day. I have to admit that as a scrapbooker, I love a good selfie! For me, it is a way of including myself in the memories, instead of always being the one behind the camera.

For this layout, I couldn't go past these fun SnapChat photos of my daughter (who definitely fancies a good selfie!) As an 11 year old girl, she loves any fun filter (especially one that makes it look like she is wearing makeup.)


I decided to use the 'Happiness' collection for my page (because I just can't get enough of this range!) I started with a couple of sheets from the 6x8" paper pad which were the smaller versions of the Expressive and Botanical Bliss (reverse side) papers. I layered these papers together on the background, then set about finding extra pieces I could layer with them.


I found some off-cuts and scraps in my box that I could use (because I can't bear to waste a single bit of this range). I had a piece of the Expressive paper that I had previously cut some hearts from. I flipped it over to show the reverse side (pink with small white crosses) and layered it over the top. Along the left side of my design I added a small piece of the Meadow paper (reverse side) and on the right I tucked in a label from the Little Things cut apart paper.

With the main structure of my background in place I then added two black and white frames from the Die Cut Ephemera pack - one a circular wreath, and a smaller square doodled frame. I cut the smaller frame into two pieces, then layered these over the background, along with my photos and the "happy snaps" frame which was cut from the Frame of Mind paper for my title.


Then it was time for some fun details!
I added another label from the Little Things cut apart paper for my journalling; which I layered with a ticket and small heart from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. I also added a second ticket near the top of my page and a flower on the corner of the title frame (both from the ephemera pack).


I absolutely LOVE butterflies, so I couldn't resist adding a few beauties to my page. I used two larger ones that were fussy cut from the Little Things paper - one near the top of my page, and one near the bottom. I also added the hello beautiful sentiment from the same piece along the bottom edge of my photo.

To balance out the two larger butterflies, I added a third smaller one from the ephemera pack to the left side of my page near my journal label (I usually work with the "rule of threes" principle on my layouts).


To finish off my page, I found a small leafy branch I had cut previously from the Cocoa Vanilla 'Colour Me Happy' cut files, which I tucked in alongside my photos (waste not, want not!) I then reached for the Clear Sticker set to add the final details - a small heart on the title card; a few "paint swatches"; and a set of small cross marks near the top of my page.

I then wrote my journalling, stamped the date and added some gold splatters and I was done! I was really happy with how this fun, eclectic page came out and that I was able to use up a few scraps as well.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: