Thursday 28 February 2019

You & Me | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Today I have a layout to share that was created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the "Throwback Thursday" feature, when team members are challenged to create something new with an older collection. I couldn't help myself but re-visit the gorgeous 'Life is Beautiful' collection from 2015, which still remains a favourite of mine. 


Butterflies (which I adore, in case you didn't already know) are a big feature of this collection, so I wanted to create a page with some large feature butterflies. I decided to use the Mixed Butterflies cut files from Cut to You, choosing three in the same design but cut in different sizes. They were cut from white cardstock and then I coloured them using Distress Oxides (Broken Glass and a touch of Twisted Citron). I backed each of the butterflies with patterned paper - using Heart Song for the two smaller ones and Blossoms for the larger one.


I cut a piece of the reverse side of the Beautiful Day paper as a mat for my photo, and backed my photo with some cardboard to mount it up. I then took a sheet of the In Bloom paper with its gorgeous floral print, and fussy cut several pieces which I set aside. (This paper just begs to be fussy cut!)

I arranged the three butterflies on my page, placing them so they formed a visual triangle around my photo; then added three floral pieces near to each butterfly to reinforce the triangle. I layered some of the edges under, and some of them over the butterflies to give variation to my layers. I also left the edges of the flowers free from adhesive so I could bend them up from the page.


On top of each large butterfly I layered a smaller butterfly from the die cut ephemera pack, which I then topped off with a coordinating enamel dot. (Although the ephemera pack is now out of stock, you could also use the butterflies from the accessory sticker sheet for this purpose.)

For my title, I used the you & me die cut from the ephemera pack; which I adhered to the bottom right corner of the photo then added foam tape behind the remainder.  I also placed the happy days flair button next to the title.


To finish off my page I added the yellow just perfect die cut banner to the top left corner of my photo; and a small yellow heart from the accessory stickers to the right side of my page. I then splattered some orange, yellow and green Colour Blast sprays and I was done!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find the 'Life is Beautiful' collection in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store HERE (And despite the fact that a number of items have already sold out from this range, you will still find more than enough coordinating pieces left to create with.)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

No comments: