Wednesday 20 February 2019

Easter Selfie | Colour Blast


Hi everyone!
Popping in with my latest Colour Blast design team project for you. Today I am sharing a mixed media scrapbook layout that features a combination of Colour Spray, Colour Paste, Colour Shimmer Spray and Colour Artist Ink.
I created this page to document a series of fun SnapChat selfies I took with my kids last Easter. (I hadn't intended on taking a series, but once you do it with one of them, they all wanted a turn being a bunny!)

Here is my layout...


And now for my process.
I began this page with a sheet of white cardstock trimmed down to 11x11" as I intended on matting my page using patterned paper. I started by applying some 'Indigo' Colour Spray to my page with a wide brush using a vertical stroke and keeping the top third of my page free from colour.


Once the spray was dry, I added some 'Punch' Colour Paste to my page, which I applied using a palette knife through a heart stencil from Flutterby Designs. I added the paste in three small sections, which I kept fairly close in to where my photos were going to be placed.
Once dry, I added some small pieces of torn washi tape to begin building the structure of my page. At this point my layout was looking like this...


Now it was time for the photos and embellishments. I dug through my stash and found some old Amy Tangerine supplies I thought would work well, so I added a few bits and pieces as layers before adding my photos on top. I then matted my page onto a sheet of coordinating patterned paper. 


As a number of the pieces I had used had gold foil on them, I decided I need to add a little gold to my background to match. I used 'Bling' Colour Shimmer Spray to add some gold splatters, which I did by flicking the end of the nozzle around my page.


Next, it was time for my page title, which I added along with my handwritten journalling, in the bottom right corner of my page. 


I still felt as though my layout needed a little extra "something" to add colour, so I used 'Grass' Colour Artist Ink and a small, stiff brush to add some very fine splatters around my page.


And with that, my page was complete.
You can see how the addition of the green ink worked in with the green that featured in the embellishments, helping to bring all the elements together.


The placement of the 'Punch' Colour Paste above and below the photos helps to draw the eye through them.


This was a fun page to put together for some fun photos. I hope I have inspired you to get some of your own memories documented too. 


Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

No comments: