Saturday 2 February 2019

Bloom and Grow | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Today I have something a bit different to share with you - a whimsical style page I created recently for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the gorgeous 'Midnight' collection and a fabulous Cut to You cut file from Created by Gwen

The inspiration for this page came when I took this photo of my daughter in her new swimmers. The sun was shining on her face and her legs were in shadow; and as soon as I saw it, I immediately thought of the stunning 'Sunset Strip' paper from the 'Midnight' collection. (Please tell me that I am not the only one who sees a photo and it makes them think of paper that would match?! haha)


So my page began with a sheet of 'Sunset Strip' as my base and a sweet photo of my daughter. I wanted to remove as much distraction as possible so I fussy cut around her silhouette to remove the background from the photo. Looking at it made me think about how quickly she was growing up, and blossoming - so the idea to turn her into a flowering plant was born.


I decided to use the 'Open Leaf' cut file from Cut to You as my branches / wings and coloured them using Ranger 'Stormy Sky' Distress Oxide. (If you don't have a cutting machine, you can purchase these cut files already cut HERE and Gwen will send them to you!) I then backed them using the beautiful tiny floral pattern on the reverse side of the 'Inky Depths' paper and set them aside. 


I used the gorgeous little mason jar from the Chipboard Accents pack as my "pot", and then placed my photo so she was growing from it; adding the sweetness label from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and a little chipboard heart on top. I then created a little layered "garden" around my pot using assorted blooms from both the ephemera and chipboard accent packs. 


I then tucked the two branches in behind the photo, positioning them so that they would look like a pair of wings. I then cut a small floral feature from one of the ephemera pieces, placing it on her head like a flower crown and topping it with a small chipboard heart. I also added some extra leaves from the ephemera pack, tucking them in around the edges of the wings.


I used the bloom and grow piece from the ephemera pack as my page title, adding it in the bottom right corner of my page. I then added a few flowers from the Clear Stickers pack to the edges of the wings, and two little heart stickers to the points where the wings joined her body.


I used some small word stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet to add the sentiment onto the wing, and a small butterfly sticker just beneath it. 
To finish off my page I splattered some Colour Blast 'Bubblegum' Colour Spray, and added a scattering of pale blue sequins that I had left over from the 'Hello Lovely' collection in my stash. 

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. 
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: