Saturday 3 November 2018

Sweet Heart | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! 
Today I am here to share my latest design team project created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio and my very first featuring the brand new 'Midnight' collection. I took the opportunity to use this stunning collection to document a couple of recent snaps of my equally stunning girl.


As I was tasked with creating a page for the recent "Pink" theme on the CVS blog, I chose to use the gorgeous "Shine Bright" paper as my page background with the luscious ombre pink tones. I also took the "Mixed Blessing" cut apart paper and put aside the pieces with pink to use in my layers.


In addition to the pieces of the “Mixed Blessing” paper I had already put aside, I also cut a strip from the script paper from the 6×8″ paper pad and a label from the “All the Things” paper. I gathered the pieces together, adding a frame from the die cut ephemera pack, and layered them to form the focal area for my page design, securing them in place with staples.


On top of my paper layers, I added some frayed gauze for soft texture before adding my photos on top. To give my page a little extra dimension I bent the edges and corners of some of the layers up before moving onto the embellishments.


I pulled another frame from the die cut ephemera pack, this time a smaller one, which I cut in half and tucked under either side of my photos. I then pulled out a selection of flowers and leaves and tucked them in around the layers, framing my photo. I added some foam tape to a couple of the small flowers to pop them up from the page. I also added the love you so label from the accessory sticker sheet to the die cut frame below my photo.


Also from the accessory sticker sheet was a small heart I added to the bottom of my photos; and alongside that, the bloom and grow flair from the flair button pack. For my page title I used two of the words from the die cut titles pack, which I popped up on some foam tape before adding them on.


To finish my page I added some “crosses” stickers from the clear sticker set; a small chipboard heart next to my title; and a sweet butterfly from the accessory sticker sheet. Then it was a few splatters of white mist and a doodled pencil border, and I was done.

The 'Midnight' collection is now on sale (and looks even more amazing in person), so check with your favourite scrappy retailer to see if they have it available.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: