Sunday 25 November 2018

Be a Mermaid | Viva Las VegaStamps


Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing a sweet little stamped project I created recently for my daughter, and it's in stark contrast to my previous Viva Las VegaStamps share which featured my "zombie" cat. This time I opted for a small scale project - working on an index card, which fits perfectly into a small 6x4" frame that can then go into my daughters bedroom.


I started by applying a light coat of gesso all over the card, before using Faber-Castell gelatos to add some colour. I used a moist baby wipe to blend each colour, mixing the 3 colours together, but concentrating on having the darkest tone around the outer edge to border it. Once I was happy with the colour, I set it aside to dry.


I then took the Cat Mermaid stamp, which was to be my focal image, and stamped it onto some white cardstock using Staz On ink. I again used my gelatos to add colour; this time by adding a little to my craft mat and then using a water brush to pick up the colour so I could colour my image.


I then turned my attention back to my index card, using the gorgeous Sky of Stars Background stamp and Ranger Archival ink to add a whimsical touch. I also used the Scribble Heart stamp to add a little love.


Next, I fussy cut around my cat mermaid; before stamping the quote using the Always Be Yourself/Mermaid stamp onto cardstock. I again used a gelato to add some colour, then fussy cut the quote into two pieces.
Now it was time to construct my piece. I started by adding a small paper doily to the centre of the card, topped with some messy cotton thread, then added my cat mermaid on top.


I then added the two pieces of the quote above and below the cat.


For a bit of extra whimsy, I finished my piece with a sprinkle of sequins.


This was a super fun little project to make. I must admit that I wasn't really used to creating pieces on such a small scale when I began working on this team; but my amazing VLVS teamies inspired me to give it a go and now I love creating these delicate little pieces! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you, I hope I have inspired you to get inky too! X

VLVS stamps used: 

No comments: