Thursday 15 November 2018

S&P | Scrap the Girls November Challenge


Hi everyone!
Have you seen this month's challenge at Scrap the Girls yet? It's called "Get Lost" and is all about being inspired by your favourite fairytale. 
Here's a look at the board...


No prizes for guessing what inspired me from the board - those awesome black / white / red princess images, and the Snow White quote, of course! I chose to document a photo of my sister and I that was taken at a scrap retreat back in August when we were dressed up as Salt'n'Pepa. I altered the photo by taking all the colour out of it except for the red of our lips and sunglasses - I think it came up pretty cool!


I took the blood drip in one of the princess images as my jumping off point for my background, and used Colour Blast 'Sunburnt' Colour Artist Ink. I used the dropper from the ink bottle and dropped some big splats onto my page, before using a straw to blow and spread them out further. I also tipped my page up vertically to allow some of them to run down, just like in the picture.


With my colour down on the page, it was time to add some stamping! I used lots of stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps, starting with one of my faves - the Brick Background. I stamped my bricks on an angle so they would match the angle of the bricks behind us in the photo. I also identified three main large splats on my page and stamped over the top of them with the Scribble Circle stamp. I also added some extra marks using the X Circle stamp and words using the Somebody stop me! stamp.


Now it was time to add some texture and layers! I started by matting my photo using some 'Night Sky' paper from the 'You Rock' collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. On top of the mat I added some pieces of white punchinella (from D-lish Scraps) and also some frayed gauze.

I then took a piece of 2Crafty chipboard I received at the retreat called 'Corner Steampunk 2'. It had a frame corner with a cool lightbulb and some cogs attached to it. I cut the piece in half, and then coloured it white with a correction pen. I used the frame part under the top left corner of my photo and then the other piece to the right of my photo.


Next, I added some stars that were fussy cut from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Starshine' paper, bending the edges up slightly for some extra dimension. I also added some pieces of red coloured wire which I twisted around some of the chipboard.


For my title, I used some Thickers from my stash and added it directly onto the bottom edge of my photo. I also added some small wood veneer stars (coloured black with a Sharpie) and some phrase stickers around my page.


To finish off, I added some small Uniquely Creative rhinestones scattered around the page, and then some final black splatters of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink.

That's all from me today, I hope you will join us for this months challenge at Scrap the Girls. As always, there are prizes up for grabs so make sure you get your entries in by the end of the month to be eligible. For all the details, or to see what else the design team created, head to the STG blog
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

RockPaperScissors said...

Excellent Work! Love the layers o color and texture!

Suzanne in Vegas