Friday 23 November 2018

Shine | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project with you. This 12x12" layout I created features the brand new 'Midnight' collection and some happy snaps of myself with Peg Hewitt and Lisa Oxley from a scrappy retreat earlier this year. (I so love this pair!)

I began with my strip of photos, drawing inspiration from the shape and colours to plan my design.


I wanted a fairly neutral background, so chose the gorgeous 'Sophisticated' paper with the sketched blooms as my base, adding a bit of Dina Wakley pink paint with a brayer to the central area of the page. 

I then added strips of the 'Inky Depths' and 'Inspired' papers horizontally across the middle of the page (even dusting off my distress tool for them!) I also trimmed a piece from the bottom edge of the base paper, and added an extra strip of the 'Inky Depths' paper along the top edge.


Once I had the focal area defined, it was all about the layers! I used a couple of strips of two papers from the 6x8" paper pad as a mat under my photo strip. I then used some of the die cut ephemera frames (cut into halves) and tucked them above and below the photos. Also below my photos, I added the what a time to be alive quote from the ephemera pack.


To the right of my photos I added the vase with flowers from the chipboard pieces pack, and then the sweet little banner from the same pack under the bottom edge of my photo strip. For my title, I used the shine from the cardstock titles pack and adhered it along the top edge of my photos; then a small chipboard heart directly onto my photo.


I often bend up the edges of many of my paper elements to give my page extra dimension, and after bending up the corner of the quote, I thought it need a little extra something underneath to help it flow. So I chose two small leafy branches from the ephemera pack and tucked them under the edge, bending the leaves up slightly away from the background. 

I also added a few extra chipboard hearts to the page.


To finish my page I added a couple of small word stickers to the right of my photo. These little quotes were from the accessory sticker sheet and I absolutely adore the typewriter font Zoe has used on them!

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Don't forget to check with your favourite retailer to get your hands on the 'Midnight' collection. 
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: