Sunday 18 November 2018

My Girl | Colour Blast


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my latest Colour Blast design team project with you. This 12x12" mixed media scrapbook page was created using Colour Shimmer Sprays; Colour Paste; Colour Artist Inks and Colour Spray; and features a recent photo of my daughter that I captured at the local park.


To create my page I started by applying both Blush and Tangerine Dream Colour Shimmer Sprays to my cardstock using a brush.


I then applied Snow White Colour Paste using a palette knife and a stencil, to add some subtle texture to the background. Once applied, I dried it off with a heat gun - it is at this point the paste comes to life, and the true colour and shimmer of the product is revealed.


With the base for my background complete, I then moved onto my papery layers. I used some scrap pieces of patterned paper from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Life is Beautiful' collection, which I layered together to form a photo mat, then secured the stack with staples.


I then added the little stack to my page (again securing it with staples), before adding some frayed gauze and then my photo on top. 


The floral embellishments I used were designed by Wilna Furstenberg. I purchased the digital files from her online store at I Heart Studio and simply printed them out on some smooth white cardstock, then fussy cut them with scissors. I added the floral pieces using foam tape, and placed them so that they would frame the photo.


I then added the remainder of my embellishments - two sweet little acetate birds; as well as Cocoa Vanilla Studio resin flowers, flair button and enamel dots.


Next, it was time to add a little more colour to the page to help bring it all together. I used Citrus and Cider Colour Artist Inks to add some fine splatters using a small stiff brush.


I then repeated the process using Indigo Colour Spray before adding some small phrase stickers and my title (also a printable from Wilna Furstenberg).


If you would like to see exactly how this page came together, I have a process video available on my YouTube channel here:


**Please give me a thumbs up and subscribe if you visit my channel**

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: