Wednesday 7 October 2020

This Is Life | Kitaholic Kits Cyber Crop challenge


Hi everyone,
I am popping in today to share another layout I created for the recent Kitaholic Kits 'Spring Fling' cyber crop. For this challenge the criteria was a sketch that looked like this...


If you have known me for a while, you will already know that following sketches is not my strong point. I always begin with good intentions, but once I start working on my page it tends to take on a life of its own. I do always try to include the key elements though, and I think I achieved that here.

Here is my layout, "This is Life"...


I decide to work with the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Daydream' collection for this layout because I just can't get enough of it! I started with the soft pink watercolour print on the reverse side of the Stepping Stones paper as my page background. Instead of using patterned paper for the large vertical block in the sketch, I decided to use paint instead. I added another layer over the top using Vicki Boutin gold glaze and one of my favourite StencilGirl stencils - 'Rembrandt's Words'.


With my photos I decided to use three, instead of just the two shown in the sketch. I still used two smaller ones, but added the third larger one as a feature in place of the title / journalling block. The photos were of my daughter with her phone (which is usually glued to her hand), and the reaction I got when I asked her to look up from the screen. 


 I used pieces of patterned paper to add some layers behind my photo, and a paper doily and a circular die cut frame to represent the round element from the sketch. For the smaller vertical blocks in the sketch I used strips of washi tape.

For my embellishments, I used a mix of coordinating products from the 'Daydream' collection - Die Cut Ephemera; Accessory Stickers; Puffy Heart; Flair Button and Die Cut Titles. I also used a handmade star from Charms Creations.


I finished off my layout with handwritten journalling, stamped phrases and splatters of black ink.


If you would like to see how I put this layout together, I've got a process video on my YouTube channel that you can watch below:


Thanks so much for stopping by so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: