Tuesday 13 October 2020

Happy Days | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! I'm popping in today to share a recent design team page with you that was created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This layout is actually the very first page that I created with the 'Daydream' collection when I received it, and I reached for the adorable Over the Rainbow paper first. (I think there are lots of people who did the same - including the CVS design team!)


Now the funny thing about this layout, is I already knew I was going to make it before I even got the collection. (Very unlike me to plan a page ahead of time!) As soon as I saw Zoe's reveal of this paper, I knew I wanted to use a silhouetted photo of my daughter standing under the rainbow (so I had her pose for the photo in advance).  

I started my layout by adding a little bit of extra detail to the paper. I used a fine tip white paint pen to add faux stitched detail along the edges of some of the rainbow arches, and then faux hand stitched details onto the blue hearts. 


I then cut around my photo to get rid of all the background and placed some messy white cotton thread for soft texture where my photo was going to go. I used some scrap cardboard behind the photo to pop it up from the page.

Once I had the photo in place I added a floral piece from the Die Cut Ephemera pack along the bottom edge of the page so it looked as though she was springing from a bunch of flowers. I also added a small floral sprig and the fantabulous banner piece to cover her hand. 


Now it was time to add some extra detail around my page. In keeping with the whimsical scene I was creating, I added the die cut sun from the ephemera pack in the top right corner of the page using some foam tape to pop it up. I also used the happy days words from the ephemera pack as my page title.


With my daughter's pose of her hand being held joyfully in the air, I wanted to create a look as though she was scattering some fun / happiness / rainbow vibes, so I used a selection of sequins from the Sequins & Flowers pack and stuck them as though they were being thrown from her hand.

I also added three fussy cut butterflies from the All Aflutter paper, placing them so they were on the coordinating coloured arch on the rainbow.


I finished off with a few happy phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet placed onto the rainbow and my page was done. This whimsical scene was unlike my usual style of page, but I really had fun creating it and I am happy I could bring my vision to life. (And my daughter absolutely loves it, which is the most important thing, right?!)


Thanks so much for stopping by so I could share this with you. If you haven't managed to find the 'Daydream' collection yet because your favorite store sold out, rest assured that plenty of re-stocks have been shipped, so check with them to see if they have it coming.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: