Monday 26 October 2020

Family Time | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 

Hi everyone, popping in today with another design team project using the amazing 'Daydream' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. If you haven't had a chance to create with this range yet, then do yourself a favour and check with your favourite retailer to see if they have it in stock - it is so gorgeous!

For this page, I decided to document a photo that I took a few months ago when some of my family got together to celebrate my boys 8th birthday. I began with a sheet of white cardstock and used Distress Oxides to add some subtle layered watercolour detail to the background.


Next, I layered some pieces of the Sun Shower; All Aflutter; Stepping Stones; and Up in the Clouds papers to form the mat for my photo. I then added some frayed gauze for texture and some scrap cardboard under my photo to pop it up from the page. 


Once I had the photo in place it was time for some embellishments. I had the gorgeous floral print Garden Variety paper and my scissors at the ready to get cutting. I fussy cut several larger floral pieces and a few loose flowers, then tucked them in amongst the different paper layers around my photo. To give the flowers extra dimension, I bent up some of the petals and leaves, and used foam tape under some of the pieces.


To the left of my photo I added the flair button which read the good life from the Flair Button pack and a small blue heart from the Die Cut Ephemera pack directly onto the edge of my photo.
 
I couldn't resist adding one of the adorable Puffy Hearts to my page, so I tucked a green one in amongst the flowers above my photo, which coordinated perfectly with where the green ink was on the background.

I created a small cluster in the top right corner of my photo using a few small stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet, then added a butterfly from the Die Cut Ephemera pack nearby.

I chose the words family time from the Die Cut Titles pack for my page title and completed my title cluster with a die cut rainbow and heart. 


As a finishing touch I scattered a few sequins around the page from the Sequins and Flowers pack and added a little handwritten journalling. 

I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: