Wednesday 21 October 2020

Making Friends @ Hooters | Scrap the Girls October Challenge


Hi everyone! Today I am popping in to share my take on this month's challenge at Scrap the Girls, which is a combination of two events that both occur this month. It's called "Boo Bees" - Breast Cancer Awareness meets Halloween. You can choose to be inspired by either of these themes, or even something else from the inspiration image below...


I decided to cover both bases by creating a boobies themed layout with a Halloween colour palette. I reckon I nailed it - what do you think?


Those fabulous photos of me with the Hooters girls were taken during my trip to Arizona for Creativation last year. The girls were so lovely and more than happy to pose with me. 
To create my layout, I started by creating a quick watercolour style background using 'Faded Jeans' Distress Oxide (to tie in with my denim jacket in the photos). I then added some random stamping using a jumbled text stamp and grey ink.


Over the top of the watercolour, I added the Burst Circles cut file from this month's homegrown sponsor, Cut to You. I really wanted the shapes to pop against the background, so because I had already cut it with white, I just coloured it black with a Sharpie. I then used patterned paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio to back a few of the larger circles to start bringing in the red / orange colours. I then set to work on some papery layers.

Underneath my photos I stacked layers of tissue paper, a paper doiley, printed tags tied with twine, and some frayed gauze for texture. I also put some scrap cardboard under my photos to help pop them up from the page.


To the left of my photos, I added a Charms Creations handmade star embellishment, which I topped with the hello flair button (from my sister's stash). 

To the right of my photos I added a piece of an old floral print Hambly Screenprints transparency, and some twisted coloured wire that I attached with staples. I used some small sparkly orange alpha stickers for the first part of my title; the @ from a pack of Heidi Swapp die cuts; and then black Thickers for the word hooters. (I love a good mixed font title!)


I finished off my page by adding a some stamped phrases; orange and black ink splatters and few well-placed orange enamel dots (to help some of those circles look like boobs). 

You only have 10 days left to join in this challenge to be in the running for the prizes from Cut to You (for the Aussies) or Tanya Leigh Designz (for the internationals). If you haven't already seen how the rest of the team interpreted this challenge, visit the Scrap the Girls blog HERE for more inspiration.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: