Thursday 2 April 2020

You Are Amazing ~ a mixed media layout


Hi all!
Popping in today to share a layout I created recently featuring the Vicki Boutin 'Color Kaleidoscope' collection and a fabulous background technique that was inspired by Vicki as well. I recently watched a video that Vicki hosted on the Scrapbook and Cards Today Facebook page where she used a fabulous, fun (and easy!) acrylic paint bubble technique. I fell in love with the effect immediately so I had to give it a try. (If you would like to see it in action, you can watch Vicki's video HERE)

I tested the technique out on a few different substrates, then used one of the backgrounds I created to put this page together...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I decided to document a photo of my hubby and daughter that was taken just before we went off to her primary school graduation back in December. I chose this photo because the colours of the background reminded me of the colour of her dress. 


Isn't that background effect stunning? I am very keen to explore this technique further using different types of paints, containers and substrates.

Over my background I layered some patterned paper pieces from the 'Color Kaleidoscope' collection along with a paper doily, then topped it with my photo.


I used a combination of die cuts and stickers from the same collection to embellish around my photo and then finished off by stamping a few phrases and splattering some navy and gold mists.


That's all from me today - short and sweet! Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: