Wednesday 22 April 2020

Hey Legends | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
I hope this finds you well?!
It's been busy, busy, busy here at my house over the past couple of weeks as I have been tackling some big home organisation projects, one of which is setting up a new creative space for myself. (No more kitchen table for me!) I've also been contending with three kids stuck at home - first while on two weeks of school holidays, and now this week we have returned to school via "remote learning" from home. This hasn't been too bad with my daughter as she is able to follow lesson plans provided by her school (with a bit of prodding and nagging from me), but for my two 7 year old boys, it has meant I have been hands-on with them for all of their learning. (Give me strength!) Sadly, this hasn't left me little time to do anything much creatively. 

Today I am sharing to a design team project I created recently for Cocoa Vanilla Studio that features the awesome new 'Legendary' collection.This mixed media layout documents a photo of my three kids doing what they do best - being weirdos! (And I wouldn't have them any other way.)


For my mixed media background I began with a sheet of white cardstock and used blue Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky) to add some subtle colour to my page. I also added some stamping using black ink and one of my fave stamps featuring tiny stars from Viva Las VegaStamps. Once the background was completely dry I then moved on to adding some papery layers.


I first cut a piece of the star print pattern from the Offbeat paper into a vertical banner shape to act as the anchor point for my layers. Next, I created a mat for my photo using a piece of the Explorer paper and placed it on top of the banner with my photo stuck on top. I then added a couple of horizontal strips that I cut from the Explorer and Total Legend papers and tucked them in behind.


Above my photo I added some extra pieces of paper tucked in behind the top of the banner which were also cut from the Total Legend paper. I also added the circular piece that I fussy cut from the centre of the mandala in the middle of the Explorer paper. 

I also added two words from the Die Cut Titles pack to form my title Hey Legends (I actually cut the "s" from another word to make the word Legends) and popped them up using some foam tape.  


To the right of my photo I created a small cluster using the geo deer from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, with a small star on top (again using foam tape for dimension). Along the bottom edge of my photo I added the stay weird stay wonderful quote from the Epic Tales paper, with the go your own way quote from the Accessory Sticker sheet below it. 


To finish off, I added some small black chevrons to the left of my photo from the Clear Sticker sheet; then a good scattering of stars from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. I am so happy with how this one came together and I absolutely love the colour combo with the black / white / grey and blue tones.
That's all from me today, until next time, happy scrapping! X
PS - send wine / beer / vodka, this "teacher" needs it! 

No comments: