Thursday 9 April 2020

This is the Life | Scrap the Girls April challenge


Hi everyone! I hope this finds you all well and coping with the ever-changing world we are living in right now? Things have been a little bit quiet on the scrapping front for me the past couple of weeks, as like so many other parents, I have had my children home from school. (And unfortunately for me, it means my scrap space AKA my kitchen table, has also become their school space.) Hopefully we will get the balancing act right soon, and I will have more time for myself again.

Anyway, I am here today to share my April design team layout that I created for Scrap the Girls. This month's challenge is all about adventure and travel...


And here is what I came up with...
(Click on photos for a better view)


As soon as I found out the theme for this challenge I knew I wanted to scrap a photo that was taken at my retreat on the Sunshine Coast back in November - definitely one of my favourite trips of the year! This was a shot of my roomies and I that was taken on our private rooftop (thanks to our photographer Nat). 

I took my inspiration for my page from the colours of the quote, using Gelatos to create a simple, abstract scribbled background, which I blended out a bit using baby wipes.


I then added a torn scrap of patterned paper (that sweet heart print from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Happiness' collection) to serve as the anchor point for my design. I then added some cardboard to the back of my photo and mounted it on top. 


Next, I grabbed a pack of tropical themed die cuts (I think they might have been from the Reject Shop?) and started tucking them in around my photo. My aim was to keep the design of the piece simple, but at the same time have plenty of colour and interest to engage the viewer.


I finished off my layout with some typed journalling and a Cocoa Vanilla Studio die cut butterfly. (Let's face it, I never need a reason for butterflies, do I?)


I do hope you will play along with this challenge! We have Charms Creations as our Aussie sponsor this month. Unfortunately, Scrap Accent is no longer able to be our international sponsor, so we are on the hunt for a new one. If you know a a business or individual who may be able to fill this role please have them message Krisy via the Scrap the Girls Facebook page. In the meantime, our international winners will receive an invitation to do a monthly guest spot on our team. 

If you would like to see what else the team created for this challenge, check out their projects on our blog HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Natalie said...

love this - and great photo too
xxx