Thursday 30 May 2019

Limitless | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
I hope this finds you well! Today I am popping in to share a recent mixed media layout I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the super cool 'Boys Rule' collection along with Dina Wakley acrylic paints.


I started by creating the background for my page; adding a variety of acrylic paints using both a brush and brayer to an 11x11" piece of white cardstock.
To add some extra depth I then added some small pieces of tissue paper; torn washi tape (from Chiyogami Designs); ink splatters and stamping using my Cross Marks Background stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps.


With the background in place, it was time to work on the feature elements of my page. I layered together a variety of patterned paper pieces (including Straight & Narrow; Expressionist; and Boy Stuff), and mixing in some paint sample cards from my stash. (I love using sample cards as they are so easy to coordinate, and are readily available for free from the local hardware store.)


Once I had the papery layers in place I then added my photo on top, using some scrap cardboard underneath to help pop it up from the page. Along each side of the photo I added the reach for the stars and you are awesome stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet, mounting it up with a little foam tape. At the top of the page I added the word limitless from the Miscellany pack for my title.


Next, I folded down the top right corner of my cardstock and secured it with staples before I mounted it onto a sheet of the Expressionist paper so that I had a border showing all the way around the page. 
To finish off I added a few stars from the Chipboard Pieces pack.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to pull out some of your stash and create something too. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: