Friday 31 May 2019

Together featuring Uniquely Creative watercolour paints


Hi everyone!
(I know, back again so soon!) Today I wanted to pop in and share a layout I created "just because". After finishing up with the Colour Blast design team recently, I have found myself with a little extra creative time and more freedom to use different products, so I decided to dig into my stash and pull out one of my neglected supplies - my watercolour paint set from Uniquely Creative.



I was lucky enough to receive this sweet little set of paints when I did guest designer spot for Uniquely Creative and since that time they have remained largely untouched. I hate having under-used supplies hanging around so I decide to take them out and put them to use. 
I started by swatching them onto some watercolour paper, which I then adhered inside the lid of the tin for easy reference.


With that out of the way, it was time to put them through their paces on a larger scale so I grabbed a piece of cardstock and sat down to play. I had no plan, so I just painted an abstract background. Once it was dry I added some stamping over the top using a cool stamp from Carabelle Studio.


I then added some small pieces of torn washi tape before adding my photo strip. (How did I forget about these photos of Fiona Paltridge and I from a couple of years ago? What a crazy pair we make when we get together - which unfortunately is not often enough!)


I kept the remainder of my supplies very simple to embellish my page - a pack of die cut ephemera purchased from Aldi (yes, Aldi and only $2!) and some messy white cotton thread. 


I finished off my page with a few black splatters and a simple line of journalling using a Sharpie. I guess you could call this one a "budget" page - it took only limited supplies AND time - winning! 

Here's my finished layout...


I was really happy how these paints performed and will definitely be using them more often now! I checked the Uniquely Creative website and although this exact set of colours is no longer available, there is a 2019 palette available HERE (and very reasonably priced too - I might be needing that one next I think!)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: