Friday 15 March 2019

Pretty Fierce | Scrap the Girls March Challenge


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my take on the March challenge at Scrap the Girls. If you haven't already seen the challenge, it's called "90's Chick"...


"It's time to be a little nostalgic and be inspired by one of your Favourite 90's films.  Create a layout inspired by it.  Now, this challenge isn't about reliving old photos (you can if you want), nor is it about picking one of the films on the moodboard (but you can if you want to) rather it is about being inspired by the style of the era or the genre of the film and using it in a modern layout.  When you link up your entry (however you choose) you MUST share which movie inspired your layout to go in the running for a prize."


For my layout I chose to be inspired by the 90's cult slasher movie "Scream"...


And here is what I came up with...


 I chose photos of my daughter taken at Halloween to represent the horror genre; and the original movie poster as the inspiration for my page design - using a black and white (with a tiny touch of blue) colour palette.

I started my layout with black cardstock and applied some Mont Marte Dimension white acrylic paint to it roughly using a wide brush. 


I then added some stamping over the top using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps; and some texture using a Dusty Attic stencil and Colour Blast 'Dusty Charcoal' Colour Paste. I also added some white and pale blue splatters using thinned down acrylic paint. 


Once my background was dry, it was time to build some layers for my photos to sit on. I used various pieces of tissue paper, a paper doily, punchinella, plasterers tape, washi tape, and frayed gauze (many of these items from D-lish Scraps); stapling them in place before adding my black and white photos on top.


I then added some embellishments to my page - small pieces of blue wire, stapled in place; some wood veneer stars that I coloured white with a Posca pen; and my title - a fabulous custom acrylic piece from Corbett Creations


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretations of this challenge! You have until the end of the month to enter, and our sponsor is the awesome D-lish Scraps.
For all the challenge details, or for more inspiration from the design team, check the blog post HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: