Sunday 17 March 2019

My Happiness | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project with you using the brand new 'Happiness' collection. If you are sensing a little excitement, you would be right! I know it's early to say, but I think this CVS collection could be my favourite one EVER. The gorgeous vibrant colours; the stunning florals; butterflies; and sweet, happy sentiments - all totally my jam! 

For my first page, I couldn't help but document a photo of my beautiful family...


I started my layout with the gorgeous rainbow striped Good Vibes paper as my base, cutting a piece of white cardstock down to 11x11" to fit inside it.

I then set about creating a layered mat for my photo against the right edge of my page. I used a small piece of the Good Vibes paper (cut from behind the cardstock); along with a frame that was fussy cut from the Frame of Mind paper; and a couple of pieces from the 6x8" paper pad.

I also added some scrap cardboard to the back of my photo and then tucked the die cut wreath frame from the ephemera pack around the corner before adding it on top.


I embellished around my photo using a combination of pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and Accessory Stickers sheet, adding foam tape under some of them to create dimension. My title was created using words from the Die Cut Titles pack, and also adhered with foam tape.

To balance my page design, I added a floral cluster in the top left corner of my page using a piece fussy cut from the stunning Botanical Bliss paper. I also added a couple of cut die cut tassels from the ephemera pack.


To complete the "visual triangle" on my page, I added another floral feature along the bottom edge of my layout. Again, I used fussy cut blooms from the Botanical Bliss paper; as well as some die cuts from the ephemera pack and stickers from the accessory sticker sheet.


With the majority of the page complete, I decided to add some additional highlights using Faber-Castell watercolour pencils. I simply added some pencil along the edges of the some of the embellishments, and then blended to extend the colours out using a water brush.


To finish off my layout I added some small word stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet below my title, and a then few Clear Stickers around the page.


I was so happy with how this layout turned out - how could you go wrong with a collection as stunning as Happiness is though, right?! Trust me, you NEED this one!
This collection is currently shipping to retailers and should be appearing in a store near you soon.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful layout Sue, just love that collection!