Friday 29 March 2019

Happy Days | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today with another share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the brand new 'Happiness' collection. Recently, some of the CVS design team members were assigned a "scraplift" theme on the blog, where they chose a layout by a teammate and created their own version of it. I chose a gorgeous layout by Gwen Wruck that she shared last year using the 'Midnight' collection.
(You can read her original post HERE)

Here is Gwen's gorgeous "Happy Heart" layout...


And my "Happy Days" version of it...


I decided to document a photo of myself and some of my fave peeps that was taken at a scrappy retreat last year.

To create my page I began by inspecting the various elements and structure of Gwen's design and then interpreted those into my own page using the new 'Happiness' collection
Just as Gwen did, I started my layout using one of the mixed media style papers from the collection called Sprinkles - so soft and pretty. 


The next element I focused on was the double layered mat under the photo. I used two sheets from the 6x8" paper pad. (I love these size pads - they are perfect for matting 4x6" photos!)

Once I had the photo matted, it was time to focus on all those beautiful flowers. Gwen had fussy cut hers from one of the floral print papers, so I did the same with the stunning Botanical Bliss paper. (I am totally in love with this floral paper - with its sketchy, watercolour style and all the vibrant colours.) I added some clusters around my photo, aiming for a similar placement as Gwen's. 


I also used a few pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack to add a few extra blooms into the bunches. (I especially like the additional of the little flower pot & jug, which I tucked underneath the paper so only the black sketchy style stems were showing.)
For my title, I used the words happy days from the Die Cut Titles pack.


Alongside my photo, I added one of the Flair Buttons, just as Gwen did in her original layout. To represent the banner that Gwen had used, I added one of the sweet tassels and part of the wreath frame from the Die Cut Ephemera pack.

Along the bottom edge of my photo I added the good stuff banner from the Accessory Sticker sheet, and a die cut heart.


To finish off my layout, I added some of the Clear Stickers around my page - a butterfly, a heart and the two watercolour painted marks stickers which I placed in a similar position to the little spots on Gwen's original background paper.

I just love how this page turned out - it's amazing how similar, yet completely different, the two pages turned out simply by using two different collections. Thank you Gwen for the inspiration!
I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

ooo I love both pages, and your color version looks wonderful!!