Sunday 2 December 2018

Together | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Just popping in on this VERY hot day at my house, to share my latest Flutterby design team project with you. Today I am have a 12x12" mixed media layout that features the brand new "We Are" collection. This range has proven to be very popular already, so if you haven't snapped some of it up yet, make sure you get on it!

For my layout I decided to use a beautiful photo of two of my kids that I took recently. (I was aiming for all three of them together, but there is always someone who doesn't play along and ruins my fun!)


I began my layout with one of the sheets from the 12x12" paper pack, called "The Story of Us". This paper is designed like a large sheet of notebook paper and it was the perfect canvas for me to add some of my Flutter Colour Paints to it. I used a combination of brayer, brush and my fingers to spread the paints around, layering the colours until I achieved the look I was after. 

I then added some stamping using background stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps and some sweet hearts from Cocoa Vanilla Studio with teal Archival ink; before using my Stabilo All pencil to add a few random scribbles on top.


I used a few different "We Are" Everyday Etc Filler Cards to layer behind my photo - cutting, tearing and even punching them to add interest. I also added the grateful page tab from the "We Are" Page Tabs sheet. I then topped the papers with some frayed gauze to give soft texture, before mounting my photo on some scrap cardboard and adding it on top.

I then added a small heart from the Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack directly onto the corner of my photo.


Alongside the left edge of my photo, I added a cute handmade heart embellishment from Charms Creations, which proved to be the perfect spot to add the we are family flair button from the "We Are" Set 2 on top.


Below the bottom right edge of my photo I added a couple of phrases from the Sticky Quotes sheet, as well as one above my photo. Then, also from the Sticky Quotes sheet, I added the script word together at the bottom of my page. 
To finish off, I added a few enamel dots; a small splattering of teal ink and stamped the phrase I love you lots with a roller stamp.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have given you a taste of just how fun and fabulous this collection is for scrapping all your family photos. 
Make sure visit the store to snap up all the new goodies (including a great range of mugs that are perfect for Christmas gifts!) HERE 

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: