Wednesday 5 December 2018

Awesome | Viva Las VegaStamps


Hi everyone!
Today I have design team project created for Viva Las VegaStamps to share with you. This 12x12" mixed media scrapbook layout features some new release library-themed stamps, as well as a few others from my stash.

I created this page to document some photos of my boys that I captured in a hospital waiting room one day, while they both practised their reading and writing skills.



I began my layout with a sheet of white cardstock, and a couple of pages torn from some old books. I collaged the pieces onto the cardstock, then applied Mont Marte acrylic paint over the top with a brayer to give the page more of an aged paper look. 




Once the paint had dried, I stamped the new Library Return Card stamp multiples times to define the focal area of my page where my photos were going to be placed.
I then used the This Book Belongs To: and the Library Return Dates stamps to add some extra interest and structure to my background. 

(These three stamps are all available together on plate #1508.)




With all that text in place, it was time to add a few images to my page. I used a series of dragon images (all with a book theme) designed by Brian Kesinger - Aagar the EmotionalTelkyn the Learned; and Vornii the Bookish. (These three stamps are all available together on plate #1499.)

I stamped the three dragons around my page to form a "visual triangle" around my photos. 



With all my background in place, it was time to add some papery layers to form a mat for my photos. Naturally, I turned again to book paper (a logical choice for this page, right?) 



I layered some torn pieces of paper, along with some brown paper, small white tags, and a large kraft tag that I had also stamped with the Library Return Card stamp. 




I stapled all the papers in place along with some frayed gauze, then added my photos on top before turning my attention to the embellishments to finish off my page and tie it all together. 


In keeping with the reading theme of my page, I chose a handmade book paper star from Charms Creations, and tucked it under the right edge of my photo.


I added three wood veneer stars from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, layering one on top of the book paper star and using the other two to again form a "visual triangle". 


To the left of my photo I added a wood veneer arrow, and then below my photos the large awesome wood veneer piece for my page title (all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio's 'You Rock' collection). 


I added some simple handwritten journalling below my title using a felt pen, and my page was complete.


Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too! X


VLVS stamps used:
Vornii the Bookish

No comments: