Saturday 8 December 2018

Sweet Memories | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project with you. This page was created for the "Throwback Thursday" feature, so I have a layout using a collection released back in 2015 - 'Life is Beautiful'. I couldn't help myself but choose this range - I still love it so much! And it was perfect for documenting this photo of my gorgeous gal that was taken last year while we were out celebrating her birthday. 



For my layout I decided to create a design that was concentrated down the central area of my page, leaving white space on either side. I used pieces of the 'Beautiful Day' and 'Blossoms' papers, layering them in the same order from the top and bottom towards the centre of the page. I love the way the bold patterns look together - all so different, yet unified by the common colour palette.


After I had the base papers in place, I added my photo, then set about embellishing the page around it. I first fussy cut some of the funky flowers from the 'In Bloom' paper, and then used them to frame along the bottom edge of my photo; a second piece tucked in under the right edge of my photo; and saved a final small piece to add to my title cluster. 

Along the bottom edge of my photo I also added a scalloped border from the Accessory Sticker sheet; and then the best day ever banner piece from the Die Cut Ephemera pack over the top, using some foam tape to pop it up.


For my title cluster, I used two tickets (chosen especially because this photo was taken at a theme park); the large script word sweet and the memories banner piece - all from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. I used foam tape under some of the pieces to add dimension. Underneath the cluster I tucked the small fussy cut floral piece I had saved from earlier.


Also from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, I chose a beautiful floral print butterfly that I added directly to my photo. (The main reason for this was to cover up a red sign in the photo that was very distracting.) The small so happy arrow that I added to the right side of my page was cut from the 'Mixed Bag' paper and my journal spot was also from the ephemera pack.


On top of the floral piece below my photo, I added the remember this flair button; and then tucked a couple of small resin roses from the Little Pretties pack in around the edges. Next, I added some of the Life is Beautiful coordinating Enamel Dots (I so love the colours in this pack!); and I surprised myself by using some of the larger sized dots, as opposed to the tiny ones I usually prefer. 
To finish off my page, I added some small splatters of orange and yellow ink. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you have some older CVS collections in your stash that you haven't used in a while, I challenge you to get one out and create a page with it. It's so much fun going back and re-visiting an old favourite collection - it's a bit like catching up with an old friend.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: