Thursday 20 December 2018

Story of Us | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Time again share another design team project with you. Today I am sharing a layout I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the beautiful 'Midnight' collection; and just as its name suggests, I chose to work with the gorgeous deep midnight blue as my primary colour for this page.


I started my page with a sheet of 'Bloom & Grow' paper, which I cut down to measure approximately 9x12" and then added a strip of the 'Inky Depths' paper down the left side. I love the contrast of the block colour against the stripes, and the dark shades of these papers so much!

Next, I created a layered mat for my photo using pieces of the 'Inky Depths'; 'Inspired'; and 'Mixed Blessing' papers, which I layered with a paper doily as well. 


I then built a large floral cluster to the right of my photo using pieces from the die cut ephemera pack. I used foam tape to pop some of the flowers up and bent up the edges of them, and the leaves, from the page.

To the left of my photo I added a few more die cut flowers, again using foam tape to create dimension; before adding the every moment matters flair button on top.


Along the bottom edge of my photo I added the here + now quote that was cut from the 'All the Things' paper. For my page title, I used words from the die cut title pack. I used a double layer of foam tape to pop them up to the same height of the photo so they didn't get lost on the background.


To give the page a little more dimension I added few hearts from the chipboard accents pack, and I also added the sweet little tab with hearts which I tucked in behind the top edge of my photo.

To finish off my page I added a couple of small stickers from the accessory sticker sheet where my papers joined at the top of my page. I used a small banner and layered a small tab over the top of it.

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by. 
The 'Midnight' collection is now available in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store, along with some recently released page kits and some super specials from the Black Friday Sale. (But hurry, before they are all gone!)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: