Thursday 11 October 2018

This Is Us | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
I am here today to share my latest design team project created for Flutterby Designs - a fun mixed media scrapbook layout featuring the 'Happily Ever After' collection and a photo of my hubby and I.


I started my page by creating my background on a sheet of white cardstock. (I used Bazzill Marshmallow so that it could handle the wet media.) First, I applied some Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks - 'Cranberry', followed by 'Slipper'. I added some extra water to move them freely around the page and help them to blend. I then dried it off with a heat gun before going back and splattering clean water over the top with a brush to take out some colour; leaving it to sit for a minute before soaking it up with some paper towel.


I then added some Flutter Colour paints - a touch of Cotton Candy Pink, as well as Sunshine Yellow; which I spread randomly on top with a brayer. After that had dried, I went back with some Arctic White and brayered some (more heavily this time) to pull the colour right back where my photo was going to be placed.

For the final layer in my background, I wanted to add some subtle detail and texture, so I used  the 'Happily Ever After' stencil with Colour Blast 'Snow White' Colour Paste before setting it aside to dry thoroughly. 
Look at the gorgeous shimmer...


With my background complete, it was time to add some papery layers on top. I used 'Happily Ever After' Everyday Etc filler cards, cut into various sized pieces to create a layered photo mat before adding my photo on top. I also tucked one of the coordinating 'Happily Ever After' page tabs in behind my photo and secured it with a staple.


I used some torn pieces of the lip printed washi tape from the 'Happily Ever After' Kit - placing my "kisses" randomly around my page. The title piece for my page "this is us documented" was cut from one of the 'Happily Ever After' Everyday Etc cards.


I used a variety of heart stickers from the 'Happily Ever After' Sticky Quotes sheet scattered around the page. Also from the same sheet was the you+me=love sticker, which I popped up on some foam tape next to my photo, along with the for ever and ever banner. 

  
I love adding elements directly onto my photos. Here I added the together sticker in the corner of my photo, and then the you+me phrase sticker below it. (The Sticky Quote sheets always have a great variety of stickers to use, and they stretch a long way too!)
The final embellishment I added was the you are the bacon to my eggs flair button from the 'Happily Ever After' Flair Button Set 1


To finish my page I added a few small splatters of blue mist and I was done.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you haven't seen the new A5 display folders or the stencils and page kits that were recently added to the Flutterby store, head over HERE to see whats new.
I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: