Thursday 25 October 2018

Peace, Love, Pineapples | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
I am here today to share my latest design team project created for Flutterby Designs - a mixed media layout featuring the 'Good Vibes Only' collection and Flutter Colour paints. I documented a photo of myself, my hubby and a couple of our mates that was taken at a local event on Australia Day. (In case you are wondering how the pineapples are relevant, the event featured a pineapple throwing competition.)


To go along with the theme of Australia Day, I chose a green and gold colour scheme. I used Flutter Colour paints to paint my background - first using a brush, then a brayer, and finally my fingers to add some highlights. 


On top of the paint I added some Colour Blast Colour Paste using the super cute 'Be a Pineapple' stencil. I then dropped some green Colour Blast Colour Artist Ink randomly over the top before drying it off. 


Next I took some of the 'Good Vibes Only' Everyday Etc cards and created a layered mat for my photo; then added some frayed gauze for texture before adding my photo on top. I tore up some small pieces of washi tape from the 'Good Vibes Only' kit and placed them around the page.

I fussy cut my peace love pineapples title piece from another of the Everyday Etc cards, overlapping the corner of photo with it, and popping some foam tape under the corner to help keep it up off the page. I then added the hello there flair button from set #286 on top.


I added some stickers from the 'Good Vibes Only' Sticky Quotes sheet around my photo as well as some wood veneer pieces. I added the good vibes only wood veneer further down my page. I decided my page needed a little more black so I added a few black Tiny Sticky Quotes to the page. 


To finish off, I added some enamel dots; my handwritten journalling; a few stamped phrases; and some splatters of black ink.

I am also happy to say that I created my FIRST EVER process video for this page. (Yes, I have officially crossed over to the dark side! LOL) If you are interested in seeing how I created this page, you can watch it on my YouTube channel here:


(And while you are there I would love it if you could subscribe to my channel too!)

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: