Tuesday 9 October 2018

The Best Dad | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Here today with my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project for you. This time I am sharing a mixed media layout I created using the awesome 'Boys Rule' collection. I so love this range with all the blues, greens and grey! (I totally have a thing for grey, in case you didn't know.) It probably explains why the page I am sharing today features grey quite predominantly, both in the papers I selected, and in the acrylic paint I added to the background. I documented a photo of my sister, my dad and myself that was taken earlier this year. 


I started this page with the reverse side of the 'Star Fall' paper as my page base. I then took 3 different shades of acrylic paint and layered them randomly in the central area of my page using a brayer. Next, I cut a piece of the 'Good Times' paper and added it over the paint to define the focal area that I could then build the rest of my page from.


I then chose two papers to create a double layered mat for my photo - first, the deep blue of the reverse side of the 'Expressionist' paper, followed by the soft grey on the reverse side of the 'Messed Up' paper. (Seems I had a real run using B sides on this page!) I also added some cardboard between my photo and the mat to give it some extra dimension before sticking it down.


With my photo in place it was time to start adding some fun stuff! I looked for some small pieces I could tuck in around the page for extra interest. I used a couple of pieces from the Miscellany pack - a banner, and the one of a kind quote; a label and the strip of stars from the 'Boy Stuff' cut apart paper; and another small piece from the 'Fun & Games' cut apart paper


For my title, I used the you are words from the 'Bohemian Dream' chipboard title stickers sheet; the words the best from the 'Boys Rule' chipboard pieces pack. (I used some alphas from my stash for the word dad.) I popped some foam tape under the words that overlapped the photo to bring them up to the same height.


I love embellishing directly onto my photos; so I layered two stickers from the accessory sticker sheet, stamped the date, then topped it with a flair button to pop in the corner of my photo. I thought I needed something else to the left of my photo to balance the title on the right, so I cut a piece from one of the frames from the chipboard pieces pack and tucked it under the edge.


I added a label from the Miscellany pack for my journalling at the bottom of my page. The awesome and you're the best pieces both came from the die cut ephemera pack, and I attached them both with a little foam tape. I also added an assortment of stars from both the ephemera pack and sticker sheet.
To finish off, I added a couple of brush stroke stickers from the clear stickers sheet; three small crosses from the chipboard pieces pack; and a little splattering of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I will be back with something else to share again soon. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: