Thursday 27 September 2018

Purr-fect Arsehole | Flutterby Designs


Hi everyone!
Popping in with my latest Flutterby Designs design team project for you. Today I am sharing an 8.5x11" mixed media scrapbook page I created featuring some photos of my cat when he was still a kitten. I had been wanting to document this series of snaps for a while and I knew exactly which quote I was going to use!


I began my layout with white cardstock, adding some Colour Blast 'Passion' Colour Shimmer Dust (mixed with water to make a watercolour paint) along the top portion of the page and then held it vertically to let it run down. I then layered over it with some Flutter Colour paints. First 'Grape Soda', applied roughly over the top of some of the watercolour paint, and also in the bottom right corner of the page. Next, I added some 'Stormy Grey', which I spread around using a brayer.


 Next, it was time for some texture and contrast. I used the 'Macaroon 5' stencil and Colour Blast 'Singin' the Blues' Colour Paste and applied it in three small areas of my page before drying with a heat gun. At this point I decided I wanted to strip back a bit of colour so I grabbed my 'Arctic White' paint and spread a little around with my brayer in my focal area. I then rubbed off the excess paint randomly around the page.


I then created a layered mat for my photo strip, using some Everyday Etc filler cards and a page tab from the 'One of Those Days' sheet, which I secured with small staples. Once I had all the layers in place I added my photos on top, mounting them up on some cardboard to pop them up a bit. Then it was time for my feature quote, which I fussy cut from one of the 'Fur-ever Friends' Everyday Etc cards and then placed above and below my photos.


At the top of my page I added the what the fuck? Snippet Strip, and you have got to be kidding black Tiny Sticky Quote.
Next, I created my title, which I placed in the bottom right corner of my page. I started by adding the word arsehole using the 'Sentence Enhancers' stencil, a sponge dauber and ink. I then added the purr-fect die cut from the 'Fur-ever Friends' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack. Above that, I added the one of a kind Snippet Strip, and the hey you black Tiny Sticky Quote.


Alongside my title, I added the cat is in charge sticker from the 'Fur-ever Friends' Sticky Quote sheet. Then it was time for some finishing touches. I used my favourite 'Doodle Dots' stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps to add some random dots and spots around my page. I also used my Stabilo All pencil to add some page borders and scribbled details around my page. Finally, I added some splatters of aqua mist, stamped the date and I was done. 
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! 

No comments: