Wednesday 5 September 2018

You're Pretty Rad | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share a layout I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the recent "Black + white + one" colour theme that the design team were challenged with. For my page, I decided to document a photo of my nephew and my boys when we were out celebrating my nephew's birthday. And what better collection to use than the recently released 'Boys Rule' collection


For my layout, I chose blue as my single colour choice, combining it with black and white (and also some grey) to compliment my black and white photo. I also decided to go with a simple strip design for my page base, pulling out pieces from the collection that I thought would work. 


I then started cutting the papers in different lengths and widths and layering them down my page. It also gave me a chance to use my poor, neglected distress tool! The papers I used were Boy Stuff; Messed Up; Fun & Games; Expressionist; and Straight & Narrow
Once I had the bones of the page down, I went back and started adding some extra pieces over the top. I used a few pieces from the cut apart Boy Stuff paper, including the branding strip! I also added a few tiny staples in places for an extra masculine touch.


With all the paper pieces in place, it was time to add some of the extra fun stuff! I added the hey! you're pretty rad speech bubble from the Chipboard Pieces for my title; as well as the skull & crossbones and crown for my nephew's head from the same pack. 
To balance out the black from the chipboard, I added the black arrow from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, which I popped up on some foam tape to give it dimension. 


Also from the ephemera pack, I added the grey scalloped border and the blue star; and then the boys sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet. Then from the sticker sheet, I added a few small star stickers, and the small 100% boy banner.
Below my photo, I added the awesome die cut from the Miscellany pack, which I mounted up on some foam tape so that it popped off the page a bit.


Next, I reached for the Clear Sticker pack, choosing a blue brush stroke; three black crosses; and then a small star for my journal tag before adding my handwritten journalling with a felt pen and stamping the date. 
To finish my page off, I added some random splatters of Colour Blast 'Soot' Colour Artist Ink and I was done.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to try your own "black + white + one" colour combination or even try a strip design for your next page.
Don't forget if you haven't already gotten your hands on the 'Boys Rule' collection, you can find it in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: