Monday 10 September 2018

Fun Times | Scrap the Girls September Challenge


Hi everyone!
Just popping in today to share my take on the September challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month we have a sketch challenge called "Grunge Princess", which was designed by me! And our sponsor is the fabulous Colour Blast, so of course I had to make sure I used some Colour Blast products on my page.

Here's a look at my sketch first...


And here is the layout I created...


I wanted to document these selfies I took of Scrap the Girls owner Krisy and I when we were away on a scrappy weekend with a group of friends earlier this year. (I think we both hit the grunge princess brief perfectly! hehe) And just to mix things up, I decided to use the recently released 'Boys Rule' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - because it's not just for boys!


I started with the awesome 'Expressionist' paper as my base; then added some Colour Blast 'Marine' Colour Artist Ink using a small brush to my focal area, whilst holding my page vertically to allow it to run down. I then used some of my favourite stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps to further define my focal area and give me a base to work from. Instead of using the stars as shown in the sketch, I substituted the awesome Bullet Hole stamp - so cool! I also added some torn pieces of washi tape before I began adding my paper and texture layers.


For all my layers behind my photo strip I used a mix of the following: patterned paper, die cut pieces and stickers from the 'Boys Rule' collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio; tissue paper and some frayed gauze. I also added some bakers twine to the die cut tag I used.


 All my layers were secured with staples before I added my photo strip on top. Alongside my photo I added the thumbs up chipboard piece (also from the 'Boys Rule' collection).
Next, I added a couple of the coordinating clear stickers to the bottom left corner of my page, just like the "details" section on the sketch; and a few small phrase stickers from the accessory sticker sheet.


To finish off, I stamped the words "high five" around my page randomly and added some splatters of mist.

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. I hope you are inspired to try your own take on my sketch and enter this month's challenge. (And possibly win yourself some Colour Blast goodness too!) All the details, as well as the other inspiring layouts from the STG design team can be found HERE.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: