Tuesday 30 January 2018

Creating Paper-Based Layouts | Scrapbooking Memories magazine


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share a couple of older layouts that were included in my Creative Team 'Paper Play' article that was published in Scrapbooking Memories magazine (Vol 20 No 5). This article was about creating more "traditional" paper-based layouts, and techniques and ideas to include.
Sadly, as it turns out, this was the final issue of the magazine that went to print and it has since ceased publication.

This first page was created using the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Wild at Heart' collection and featured a photo of myself, my hubby and our best friends during a climb up Mount Beerwah.


I used lots of layering, and fussy cut some of the floral elements from the 'Memento' patterned paper to use as embellishments for this page.


I also used the coordinating chipboard accent stickers and Sparkles enamel dots from the collection to embellish my page.


I used paper tearing and the addition of some messy cotton thread to add texture to my page.


The second layout included in my article, was a 'stash-buster' that I created from one of my favourite older ranges - 'September Skies' by Heidi Swapp. I used up a variety of paper scraps I had left on this page, along with some coordinating ephemera pieces. (I may still be hoarding a few final scraps! LOL)


I even managed to use a photo of the kids that I had printed out long ago as well! #winning


 Extra embellishments included a limited edition flair button from Cocoa Vanilla Studio; dip dye tag and twine from D-lish Scraps; and some foam stickers from Pink Paislee.


Again, I used paper tearing and cotton thread to add texture to my page.


Don't be afraid to use lots of overlapping bold patterns and colours if it fits in with the theme of your photo. I love seeing these papers all layered over one another.


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share these with you. I will be back very soon with a new project to share with you. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: