Monday 22 January 2018

Born to be Wild | Viva Las VegaStamps


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share my first project as an official design team member for Viva Las VegaStamps. (I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to say that!)
So I thought I would start with what I do best - a mixed media scrapbook layout featuring a fun SnapChat selfie.


To create this page, I started by laying down my background colour onto my cardstock using  Colour Blast Colour Artist Inks. (I used Berry, Oasis & Marine.) I first spritzed the cardstock with water, then used a small brush to apply the inks and a little more water to move the colours around, before drying it with a heat gun.


Once dry, I decided I wanted more hard water lines; so I went back and applied more ink & water to my focal area; as well as some splatters with a small, stiff brush; before again drying with the heat gun. 


Next, it was time to add some depth to my background. I used Staz On ink along with a couple of my favourite mark making stamps to add structure to my focal area:


I also stamped a few quotes randomly around my page:

Next, I turned my attention to the focal piece of my page. I fussy cut my photo away from the background; and I also cut out two rabbit images I had previously stamped onto tissue paper to use on either side:


I adhered them all to a piece of cardstock using acrylic matte medium, before cutting around them, leaving a white border. (You will note the tissue paper simply disappears into the background using this technique.)


To add a bit of colour to my gorgeous creepy little rabbits, I used Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, which I applied roughly, before blending them out with a water pen. Once coloured, I mounted my photo up on some cardboard to raise it from the background and then moved onto to putting the page together.


Underneath where my photo was going to be placed, I added a die cut glitter frame, that I had cut in half; along with some messy purple thread. 


I then added a few torn pieces of washi tape to my background, and also tucked a piece of paper doily in behind my photo before sticking it down.
I used a chipboard title from Kinder Kreations, which I coloured simply with black ink.


I then stamped some scattered stars using purple ink:


To finish my page I added a wood veneer arrow (also inked black) to the left of my photo.


And to the right of my photo, I added a cute handmade rabbit embellishment from Charms Creations.


Here's a linked list of all the VLVS stamps I used:
-  Star Sliding 

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this - I hope I have inspired you to get inky today! I will be back soon with another project to share. Til then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: