Tuesday 9 January 2018

Big Beautiful Moment | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Today I am sharing my first project for Cocoa Vanilla Studio for 2018, which was created using the gorgeous 'Bohemian Dream' collection. This layout is particularly close to my heart for a couple of reasons. First of all, because it was actually created as part of my entry for the Masters competition for the (now defunct) Scrapbooking Memories magazine. But secondly, because it documents a truly amazing moment in my life - meeting my half sister for the very first time.


My layout started with the stunning Beautiful Mess patterned paper for my background. Although this paper is designed to use as a cut apart in smaller pieces; I loved the patchwork-style look of it as a whole sheet, so I decided to add some machine stitching to turn it into a design feature.


Next, I used the B-side of the Abundant paper to mat my photo with, before mounting it on some cardboard to raise it up from the page and help it pop. 


Behind my photo, I tucked in a tab from the die cut ephemera pack; and then added a heart from the chipboard accent stickers just below it, directly onto my photo. 


When it came to embellishing my page I wanted to keep it sweet and simple. I sorted through the die cut ephemera pack and pulled out pieces that coordinated with each of the colour blocks on the paper. I also added some of the small phrases from the accessory sticker sheet


For my title I utilised the large negative space of my photo, and used a combination of chipboard accent stickers; an accessory sticker and a chipboard title sticker word that I coloured using watercolour paints.


To finish my layout I added some simple, typed journaling strips and I was done. I am so happy with how this page turned out, and that I could use such a beautiful collection to document such an important moment in my life.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow so glad I stopped by to see this beautiful and special layout.. I love how you stitched the papers to add such interest and wow what a great photo too... that is a very special moment... and it is rather sad how the magazine just stopped like that... you would have been a master... i reckon anyhow!!!