Saturday 28 October 2017

Mixed Media Layouts | Scrapbooking Memories magazine

Hi everyone!
Just a quick post from me today to share the two layouts that were published as part of my "How To: Mixed Media" Creative Team article magazine Vol 20 No 4. In my article I discussed some of the techniques and materials I often use when I create mixed media layouts; and provided two sample layouts in different styles.

For my first page, I created a traditional paper-based page that featured subtle mixed media to enhance it. I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Make a Wish' collection and incorporated watercolor paint (applied directly to the page and splattered about with the brush) as well as stamping with stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps (with multiple colour inks).


For my second page, I took a different approach by starting with blank white cardstock and creating my own background. I used Flutterby Designs Flutter Colour paints; and Colour Blast Colour Paste and Colour Sprays to create a layered and textured base. I then added further layers of colour with paper and embellishments. (Papers and ephemera by Heidi Swapp; flair button and wood veneer by Flutterby Designs.)


Be sure to look out for my Creative Team article in the current issue which is one for the traditionalists, and all about paper based scrapping.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: