Sunday 22 October 2017

You-nique | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
I am very excited to be sharing my latest design team layout created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio - and my first one using the gorgeous new 'Bohemian Dream' collection. This range is SO delicious and dreamy, and features stunning florals and a divine colour palette; including a beautiful shade of purple. (I have to admit, I have never really been a purple fan, but I totally love this one!)

You may have seen the newest products that have been added to the Cocoa Vanilla range with this collection - 6x6" paper pad, chipboard titles and stamps. I was determined to make sure I included some of each on my project, and I also thought it would be fun to create a boy themed page too.


I decided to create a page combining blues and purples to showcase these cute photos of my son in his new glasses. I started with the Wild & Free paper as my base; first adding some light swipes of Colour Blast white heavy gesso with a brush, and then used one of the new clear stamps (a rough "brush stroke") with some purple ink to help define the focal areas of my design. I also added some light splatters of Colour Blast 'Velvet' Colour Shimmer Dust and Colour Blast 'Indigo' Colour Spray around my page.


Next, I created a layered mat for my photo using some of the Abundant and Gypsy Heart papers, as well as pieces of the miniature Abstract and Dreamer papers from the 6x6" paper pad. Tucked in amongst my layers was also a tab and a mini pennant from the die cut ephemera pack and some messy cotton thread for texture.


 Next, I took the Boho Bits cut apart paper and cut out the purple smile quote and also the purple bird. I placed the quote card alongside the right side of my photo (such a gorgeous quote!) To the left side of my photo I created a cluster using the fussy cut bird, some branches from the vellum accents pack and I topped it off with one of the coordinating flair buttons


Below the quote, I added a couple of die cut feathers from the ephemera pack, and a small heart from the chipboard accent stickers sheet. In the bottom right corner of my page where I had stamped the brush strokes, I layered a couple of small die cut labels and then stamped the date on the top one.


I used the same 'Velvet' Colour Shimmer Dust that I had splattered around my background to add some colour to my title. I used two of the chipboard title stickers (you and unique) and trimmed the unique so I could spell out you-nique. These titles are such a great addition to the product range and I was really happy with how well they took the watercolour.

To finish off my layout I used the hello you stamp from the stamp set to stamp in a few random places around my page with navy ink; and then I added my handwritten journaling and I was done.
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you haven't got your hands on any of the 'Bohemian Dream' collection, then head over to the Cocoa Vanilla store HERE and grab some for yourself! (It's even better in person than it looks on the screen!!)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: